Thursday, May 16, 2013

Random Thoughts: Hey blogosphere, it's been a while...

Hey there, internet. How've you been?

I've been a bit remiss in my blogging duties, so this is just a minor update on the goings on of Reggie-land.

Right now I am deep in novel writing territory. Yes, I'm still working on the dragon novel. In fact, I am often distracted by the storyline, which I think is a good sign. This thing has momentum and it is such a joy when I am not struggling to "apply the ass to the seat," as Dorothy Parker once said.

 So, yay!

Of course, that isn't the only thing happening. It's spring which means new birds in the backyard, which means that when text starts to get blurry, I break out ye olde digital camera and take a bunch of pictures. I'm not necessarily a great photographer, but I get really excited when I can get clear photos of birds. They tend to move out of frame as I'm shooting, or they move while in frame and become a fuzzy blur. The big achievement this year (so far) was to get a still shot of the raven that lives in our neighborhood. I've been trying (and failing) to get a decent photo of her for a long time.

Here's one.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In other news, I have a short story slated for publication some time this year. The title is Aliens in the Soda Machine, but until I have more concrete info about when it will be released I can't really say more than that.

A few months ago I was talking a lot about the Paper Rats and their video series on youtube called Inside the Writer's Studio. I've been invited to be a part of one of the next videos and I'm crazy excited about that. Again, no date on that yet.

(FYI Paper Rats and Inside the Writer's Studio are the brain-children of authors RJ Keller and Kristen Tsetsi)

My play Road to Nowhere is going to be work-shopped sometime in August and the workshop will be open to the public, again details, forthcoming.

On deck for reading right now I have Panverse Two, a collection of novellas from Dario Ciriello's Panverse publishing. My list of To-Read, To-Watch, and To-Listen to is getting bigger every day. I can't be sure when the Round Up will return, but then again, that's why it's the Spotty Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something