Thursday, January 17, 2013

Categories Players Interview The First: Dennis Kalup

Recently I posted a Category asking what folks might want to see in a Reggie blog. I got a lot of great ideas, for which I thank the Categories Players. My favorite response came from Dennis Kalup who suggested that I interview the Categories Players. His answer also had the distinction of receiving the most thumbs. So, how can I not? Also, I am convinced that the Categories Players are some of the funniest people on the interwebnets and I feel lucky that I get to interact with them. So with much love I bring you Categories Players Interviews the First!

Introduction

I know Dennis Kalup from the way back. College days. He was among the group of us that fostered our coffee addictions at the Daily Grind, a now defunct coffee shop. One of my favorite memories of Dennis involves lamenting the hollow inside of large chocolate Easter bunnies. Firstly, this hollow is a terrible waste of space, second, it is a cruel deception to chocolate loving children who think they have won the motherload of chocolate confections and thirdly the poor chocolate rabbit is disturbingly lacking for internal organs.

Dennis and I attempted surgery on one these poor creatures, but it ended in vivisection as we are not, alas, surgeons. I laughed so hard that day that I think my abs still hurt.

The Interview

Q: Boxers or briefs?

A: I actually enjoy boxer briefs, all the support of briefs with the "je ne sais quoi" of boxers. I do enjoy a boy cut though.

Q: Current profession?

A: Professional singer/dog guru.

Q: Favorite color?

A: Orange. Although I very much enjoy saying periwinkle, chartreuse, and puce.

Q: First thought when confronted with waking up.

A: HELLO! HELLO! LET ME SING A SONG AND ALLOW SMALL WOODLAND CREATURES TO ALIGHT UPON MY UPPER BODY. (I am a horribly perky morning person)

Q: What was your reaction when 12/21/2012 came and went and the world was still here?

A: Shit. I really will have to finish paying off my debts.

Q: Favorite Categories thing?

A: The reconnection with old friends and the making new and realizing that nerds will someday take over the world.

Q: What were you doing right before I started asking you a bunch of inane questions?

A: Dancing around the room to a catchy commercial tune.

Q: Are you an animal person?

A: See question 4. Yes... I often talk to animals before I talk to people because I am convinced someday they will speak to me and I will be whisked off to the hogwarts continuing ed. adult learning program.

Q: Favorite food thing of the moment?

A: Turkey/chorizo chili. Great winter comfort food.

Q: What are your thoughts on the subject of yam salve?

A: If it's good enough for Mark Boltz, it's good enough for me. No one wants a dry vulva.

Q: Tell us about your current creative project/s.

A: Just moved to Chicago so I am in the process of auditioning for a whole bunch of singing groups here, including the CSO chorus. I am also starting a blog soon... I shall keep you posted!
Learning to knit... knit one, purl two. knit one, purl two...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something